A meeting under the framework of UN Environment-Caribbean Environment Programme, funded and organised by the Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality of the Netherlands, with the support of the Dutch Caribbean Nature Alliance (DCNA) and the SPAW Regional Activity Centre will be held between the 28th-30th January 2020, in Bonaire.
The aim of the meeting is to catch-up information since the last official SC Meeting in Mexico, 2017 and the last unofficial SC Meeting in San Andres, 2018, and at the end of the 3-day meeting, a biennial work plan will be proposed and approved.
Tuesday 28th, GCRMN and ICRI sessions.
- Global-GCRMN report in 2020
- The GCRMN-Caribbean regional report in 2020
- Our links with the Global GCRMN and ICRI
- ICRS Symposium in Germany (Bremen) in 2020
- Biophysical guidelines
- Integrated monitoring, the importance of the socio-economic
Wednesday 29th, Projects and Threats sessions.
- Coral Restoration Consortium news
- Status of the NFWF funded projects (Training workshops to the GCRMN-Caribbean monitoring guidelines)
- Carib’Coast project presentation
- Database merging project
- Stony Coral Tissue Loss Disease and other threats
Thursday 30th, SC members-only session.
- GCRMN-Caribbean Terms of Reference and Rules of Procedures approval
- Budget and fundraising issues
- Improve our communication within SC and with the other organizations
- Prepare a biennial work plan until the next SC meeting